Total Pageviews

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Poetry on Bakrid

"I had developed an affection towards her; her hair was golden brown, her eyes were sad and round.

I never did think that I could part from her this way, she was reluctant, struggling and her head was asway (swaying).

My father didn't approve nor my mother; my brother was indifferent as if she is any other.

I protested! But alas her head rested. Not on my shoulder, but beside a bowlder.

My heart froze like ice and I understood the meaning of sacrifice." - Saleem Mohammed

Eid ul adha mubarak to all !

"So mention the name of Allah over these animals when they are drawn up in lines. Then, when they are drawn on their sides [after the slaughter], eat thereof and feed the beggar who does not ask, and the beggar who asks."
[Surah al-Hajj 22:36]

1 comment:

  1. Saleem bhai, tat's good poetry.
    Bookmarked your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete